Almost 20 years ago, I applied for a developer position at a very large Danish-based company. I completed multiple tests and interviews but was rejected in the end by the recruiter, who had roughly the following argument: “You are qualified for the position, but we fear you will spend too much time hanging out by […]
In recent years, I have used the new year to reflect on the events of the previous year. I will try something different this year and look ahead instead. In this post, I will discuss five megatrends currently shaping the workplace and why I think Agile leadership can help us cope with them. Trend 1: […]
Roger Meddows Taylor probably didn’t know anything about magical moments in Agile development when he wrote the following lines of the famous Queen song A Kind of Magic back in the mid 80s: One dream, one soul, one prize One goal, one golden glance of what should be It’s a kind of magic One of my […]
I recently visited a large and prestigious project. The project had already experiences massive overruns on initial estimates and was trying to grasp the situation by re-estimating the remaining work. Re-estimating a project as such is not necessarily a bad idea, but in this case, the team were doing it for the fourth time in […]
In my recent post on what it takes to be a great leader, I made the case, that an important leadership skill is the ability to pick a leadership team that supports the leader in her weakest areas and let’s the leader use her strengths to drive results and create lasting change. In this post […]
I’m currently (2008) leading a project for a large client. Although they have been a client of ours for some time now, the people involved in the project are new to us and to the agile way of working. The client is located in another country which makes close collaboration a challenge. Secondly they don’t […]
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Most Commented Posts
Yonathan Grey on My CxO Encourage Me to Invest in Myself CXO's are excellent leaders. They are incredibly visionary and ...
Anne Overgaard on Move the Coffee Machine to Increase Innovation Coffee-machines has been center of attention in knowledge management since ...
Kenneth Darling Sorensen on Move the Coffee Machine to Increase Innovation Back in the 1990s when I worked for IBM as ...
21Leadership on Instagram
- Strategic thinking in the sun #Ugilic #strategy #leadership #purpose #direction #safety #c… http://t.co/a9QR9nYZP3 http://t.co/krG2ftvnhP 6 days ago
- Talking to me??? #socialmedia #break #newphone #conversation http://t.co/PEB0JyRLyL http://t.co/OKPhYBGGIL 7 days ago
- #Ugilic strategy seminar day one kicked off in awesome surroundings #leadership #strategy … http://t.co/bz5c2IMPeA http://t.co/RWKx5CaUEp 7 days ago
- Very nice attendance from across the organization at the second Sprint Review #agile #scru… http://t.co/P5m4fMi0p8 http://t.co/TwgBXwLG1l 2 weeks ago
- One of our Agile Transformation clients (BRFkredit) will share their Agile journey at GOTO Copenhagen 3. Oct http://t.co/eCKbPgvEPu #Ugilic 2 weeks ago